Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Easter Clearance Aftermath

Just because you don't celebrate Easter doesn't mean you can't enjoy the candy, right?  I love peeps.  And I don't understand people who don't.  If you like marshmallows... and you like sugar... you should like peeps.  Basic logic, peeps.

So anyway, my favorite way to eat marshmallows (besides in a fluff sandwich when I'm 6 months pregnant... that's another story), is between some chocolate and a graham cracker.  Good stuff.  So let's get started.

peeps1

I had an extra peeper... so I ate him while I waited for this to happen:
peeps2
Stick 'em in the microwave and the blow up into little fat peeps.  When you remove them, they start to deflate.  I only needed like 15 seconds in my sucktastic microwave.

peeps3
And then you smush 'em with the other half of the cracker and the heat from the peep helps melt the chocolate into chocolately chocolate heaven.

peeps4

Now, you want to try to eat these right away, or the marshmallow can get kinda rubbery.  So don't eat them while you are hiding from your child and have to put it down a bunch of times.  Or when you're trying to put her down for a nap.  You really want to enjoy these...

peeps5

Cause this is the aftermath.  Yeah, just chocolate drippings...  Oh hell, who am I kidding?

peeps6

THIS.  is the aftermath.  You *must* scrape the drippings with the smores (or, just use your fingers.  not that I did or anything.  snort.)  Who leaves perfectly good chocolate on a plate like that for the dishwasher to eat up?  Please.

Uhhh... now I'm going to run 20 miles.  But it's all worth it, right?  The peeps were on clearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment